1. Plan it! Find a good sow and grow calendar telling you what you can grow, when to sow and harvest.
2. Pick veg that isn't in the shops or that you will use regularly. For example; onion alternatives such as nodding onions and wild garlic.
3. Mix it up with edible flowers and herbs to add to your salads. Bees will love the flowers and the smell of the herbs will deter pests from your delicious crop!
4. Variety over quantity! Don't grow too much of one thing. I see this everywhere I go and people end up giving half of their hard work away!
5. Plant some perennial veg that will come back year after year. It makes life a little bit easier! Asparagus is a good one!
To see some of the vegetable gardens that I have created for local businesses please take a look at my website....